We made it to San Antonio with no problems. Our flight was on time, our luggage didn't get lost, the taxi drive new exactly where our hotel was, and we were able to check-in three hours early. The temperature here is not much different than Phoenix, after you factor in the humidity. Jeanette and I decided we should have packed at least 2 or 3 pairs of underwear for each day. It looks like we will be doing some laundry.
We arrived at our hotel around noon, and had lunch at some local place. Nothing special, but the guy at the restaurant told us about a local Mexican restaurant that we should try. After lunch Jeanette and Matthew took a nap, while I went over to the convention center to check-in. This conference is going to be huge. Over 13,000 people are registered to attend. I walked around the conference center to get my self oriented with where things will be over the next few days. The were still setting up the exhibit hall.
After walking through the convention center for almost 2 hours, I strolled down the Riverwalk and found a CVS to buy some milk and water. The Riverwalk was packed with people wandering as aimlessly as I was. The river is lined with dozens of restaurants and shops. If it wasn't for the smell coming from the restaurant food, I think the somewhat stagnant river water would make the riverwalk a little unpleasant on a hot day. It should be neat to see what the Riverwalk looks like at night. Our hotel is on the Riverwalk, so we can sit on our balcony and watch the action. Right now this entire area has been taken over by technology nerds (like me...but even nerdier if that is possible).
I'll try to update this blog each day to keep everyone posted, and to act as a journal for our trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment