Wednesday was our last day in San Antonio. I spent the morning at the conference, and met up with Jeanette for lunch. I was pretty tired because I was up late on Tuesday night. The guy that I saw swimming in the river on Monday night was at it again. This time he wasn't swimming. One of his buddies brought a giant flashlight and a pool net. They spent about 2 hours scraping up crap from the bottom of the river. They gave up around midnight. I have no idea what they were looking for.
We had to checkout by 1:00, so we had the hotel hold our bags. Jeanette took Matthew over to the hotel room of another lady I know from the district office so he could take a nap. I went back to the conference for the a couple more workshops and the closing keynote. The closing keynote was terrible.
Before heading to the airport I went back to the hotel that Jeanette and Matthew were at and we had dinner with Kim and Jo. Kim is the tech integration specialist at my district office, and her friend Jo is a teacher in Glendale. Their hotel had a free sandwich and drink bar for guests. Jeanette and I decided that we would be guests for a few hours. They even served margaritas, wine and beer. If I would have known about this a few nights earlier, we could have saved a lot of money on dinner.
We walked back to our hotel to get our bags, and we took a taxi to the airport. We arrived at the airport the standard 2 hours early. Unfortunately, our flight was coming out of Buffalo and it was an hour late. We finally departed San Antonio about 10:20. Matthew was not too happy on the plane. He managed to fall asleep for a half hour, but as soon as we landed he had a screaming fit. We were in the back of the plane, so there wasn't much we could do.
So my final thoughts on San Antonio...I would never go to San Antonio specifically for a vacation. It is the type of place you would want to stop at for one night on the way to somewhere else, or if you were attending a conference. The riverwalk is pretty cool and the people are nice, but I would get bored if I spent more than a one or two days here sightseeing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
From your impressions of San Antonio, I would glean that the Spurs lackluster style of basketball simply mirrors the lifestyle there!
From our trip, I have realized that the airline industry is one of the most poorly run industries as a whole. Promptness is out the window. And, courtesy and kindness must have been tied to it...they know that they have the market cornered that you can not avoid using them, and they do not have to really worry about repeat customers. Us coach fliers will almost always just go for the lowest fare, so most airlines know that they are not going to lose revenue if they continually screw you over.
At least it sounded like a good escape...I will be looking forward to hearing some more of what you learned in the classes you took.
Post a Comment