From the Alamo we walked to the Rivercenter Mall to find something to eat. We had a sandwich and walked back to our hotel.
At the hotel I tried to figure out a bus route to get to The Witte Museum. The museum is located about 5 miles from where we are staying. After about 20 minutes of trying to figure out all the transfers I gave up, and we decided to take a cab.
The museum has a temporary exhibit that has several hands-on models of Davinci's inventions.
I never knew that he played a role in many of the machine's that we use today. On the left you will see a picture of Jeanette and Matthew standing in a model of an armored tank that he drew plans for. One of the flaw's of the armored tank was that it was designed to be pulled by a team of horses. Unfortonately, horses are not bullet proof.
I never knew that he played a role in many of the machine's that we use today. On the left you will see a picture of Jeanette and Matthew standing in a model of an armored tank that he drew plans for. One of the flaw's of the armored tank was that it was designed to be pulled by a team of horses. Unfortonately, horses are not bullet proof.
After a quick shower and a change of clothes, I was off to the opening night keynote and reception for the NECC conference. I could not believe how many people showed up for the keynote.
There were at least 10,000 people in this huge ballroom. I have a picture of the crowd that I will try to upload tomorrow.
When I returned to the hotel from the keynote, Jeanette, Matthew and I went to an Italian restaurant on the riverwalk for dinner. I have never been to an italian restaurant that had a mariachi band, but I guess we are in Texas. We finished the evening with a riverboat tour. I didn't get any pictures of that, because it was really too dark to get decent pictures.
Tomorrow is the first full day of the NECC conference (aka Nerdfest 2008). Jeanette and Matthew are planning on going to the Children's Museum. We will try to meet up for lunch. I will also be attending a reception in the evening for Smart Exemplary Teachers. It's basically a reception for a bunch of nerdy teachers who are advocates for using Smartboards in their classrooms. I can't wait!
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun day!! I can't see the pictures though. They show as broken links.
Hey Robert,
I don't see the pics for June 29th. I like the blog though. Mariachi's in an Italian restaurant? Hee,hee! I thought Arizona was cheesy. :)
Laura
Nice description.
You better be careful about publicizing too many opinions about Texas while you are on a public forum with the Big Texan still in charge. But, then again, it is the internet..."...a series of tubes..." It does take half a brain...
Did they serve chips and salsa at said Italian restaurant. We were just in Italy, and we did not see any dang mariachis...LUCKY!
Looking at the picture, I would say we are in for a moderate chance of confused little boy Friday evening.
Keep your heads low...and for crying out loud do not tell anyone you are from Phoenix. You are in enemy territory.
Post a Comment